Black actors won multiple trophies as the group behind the ceremony acknowledged the need to diversify. “Nomadland” and “Borat” had big nights for film, as did “Schitt’s Creek” and “The Crown” for TV.
Here’s what you need to know:
- ‘Nomadland’ wins the best drama in a singular ceremony.
- Daniel Kaluuya and Chadwick Boseman are both recognized for film roles.
- Chloé Zhao becomes the first woman to win the best director since 1984.
- Jason Sudeikis wins best comedic actor for ‘Ted Lasso.’
- ‘Minari’ wins, and ‘The Crown’ has a big night.